Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Confused.(Part 1)

Ever been in love ? Thats the question i am asked very often. I guess people presume that i am not someone who falls in love or believes in love. I do. And have fallen in love too and been hurt too. But thats for some other time. Right now its confusion, confusion and more confusion. Simply put, two women, i like them both, both like me, can marry only one. The big question is who ?
I have been taking the bus to office since i broke my foot. Takes about an hour more than the rail. Guess i have the Mumbai traffic to thank for my "budding love story". One day as usual i took my regular 9.30 am bus to churchgate. Nothing special. Everything was the same. The same ticket vendor, the same bus driver, even the passengers were the same, except for her. Thats the first time i saw her. Her long copper coloured hair falling over her face, slightly messed up. And as she cleared the hair from her face i thought that lightning struck me down. I was just glued to where i was standing. That was the most beautiful face i had seen in my life. And the way she was trying to set her hair in order was aboslutely the most amazing thing i had seen. She had the face of an angel. Almond shaped eyes, heart shaped lips, perfect nose. God she was perfect and i was in love. Summoning up all the courage that i had i went and sat on the empty seat beside her. Sitting down i smiled. Such a pretty girl sitting alone. Seemed like even the gods were on my side. And then the magic happened. The smile that i had given the gods was seen by her. And she thought i was smiling at her. And then, she smiled back. I swear i could have died then. The most angelic smile i had ever seen. That smile was good enough to make me believe in god again. But that was it. For the next 10 minutes nuthing happened. She was looking out of the window and i was fidgeting with my novel, my ipod and everything that i could get. I wanted to talk to her but how does one talk to you an angel ? I thought of everything but still couldnt muster up courage to talk. I was in love and dumbstruck.
Finally after 15 mins SHE asked if she could see the book i was holding, it seemed interesting. That was just the oppurtunity i needed. We started talking about books and then the conversation changed tracks to other stuff and finally personal details. Her name was Veena. A bit old fashioned but it was good. After sometime i really came into my own and was jabbering away to glory, keeping her thoroughly entertained. When she was started laughing and hitting me on my arm i knew i was in.. Half n hour later we were talking and laughing as if we were long lost friends. After one and half hour of this finally the dreaded moment came when she had to get off at her destination. Mine was still further away. I was still nervous about how will i ask for her number. Finally her stop approached and i knew it was now or never. But again to my surprise she asked for my phone and dialled her number and asked me to give her a call later in evening. Phew... what a relief..

2 comments:

Uma said...

Why two parts ??

Hmmm....

Anonymous said...

aahh.... another qoute that i remember.( i wonder when i saw and read all this!)
'love is the triump of imagination over intelligence.'