Thursday, April 3, 2008

Confused (Part 2)

The remaining of the day passed without any hiccups. Meetings, schedules, deadlines to be met. Well, they are a part of a businessman's day. Anyways, finally i got through my day and the clock struck 6. My day was coming to a close but the evening was still there. And also i had to make the all important call to veena. I told her that i will call but is it really possible ? I cant call her. She is too perfect to be true. I am scared. I am shivering.
Three cups of coffee and 5 cigarettes are good enough to calm anyones nerves (and ofcourse give you cancer) but not mine. My nerves were like wildfire. Nothing could calm them. 6.00, 6.30, 7.00, 7.30 and finally 8.00. It was time for me to go home. Was just packing my bag. With a heavy heart i walked towards the bus stop when suddenly the cell rang. And it was flashing the most beautiful name i had know, Veena. Did she know that i wouldnt call and hence decide to call ? What was it about her that even her name would make me weak in my knees. What do i tell her ? What do i talk to her about ? Should i cut the call ? I answered. And then music filled my ears. Her voice was was like symphony of orchestra. Every word was like a melody sending waves through my body. No nerves. No panic. I was at ease. I was in trance. And in that trance i agreed to meet her for dinner the following night. I knew i was in love. And i wasnt scared.
The remaining of the night passed in a daze. I still couldnt believe i was gonna meet her again.
I dont think i got any sleep that night coz i woke up with a heavy head and red eyes. That whole day passed as if it was just waiting to end. And finally the evening came. I left from office early to get ready for my dinner date. We were supposed to go to a formal restaurant for a formal sit down dinner. Bang.... formal and me.... NOT HAPPENING... But she wanted to go for a formal dinner. How could i say no to her.. Anyways i decided to wear my best suit for the occassion. It was nothing more than a celebration for me. And then i saw her waiting for me in the lobby of her building for me. She was wearing a cream coloured gown and me a black coloured suit. I think together we looked like a just married couple. Was this the shape of things to come ?? I wonder.

3 comments:

Uma said...

Where is the rest of the story ??!!

Awwwh..now I'll have to wait to hear from you how it turned out !

Not fair !!!

Anonymous said...

Is this the end of the story?!!!!

was it a dream or real? tell this atleast :)



tc
Nush

Anonymous said...

it finished?
or are there more parts coming up?
such a nice story with an unfinished end.